Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sister’s Conference

IMG_3041

Today I went with Sister Richards to the Sisters Conference in Frederick.  It was so much fun.  All our sister missionaries (about 22) were invited.  We had a great time and I think the sisters learned a lot.  They need to work harder and do their best!   In the morning President Richard’s spoke with the sisters, then lunch, then Sister Richard’s did a presentation.  At about 3:00 we all went into the cultural hall and made covers out of CEREAL BOXES – yep – for our scriptures.   The covers are so cute.  When I finish mine I will take a picture.   I have a set of scriptures that I value so much.  I have had them since the early 80s.  They are about 30 years old.  I have marked them and put notes in them about the things that stood out to me.  Just looking through them reminds me of all the years I have used them.  Irreplaceable. 

Getting ready to eat.    Sisters Walker and Bodily

IMG_3098IMG_3065

Elder Holmes & Sister Richards, Sisters Montes and Gina, who is getting ready to go on a mission

IMG_3068IMG_3069

Sisters Riggs, Bishop and Anderson

IMG_3070IMG_3071

Sisters Atkins, Scheib, Schackleford, and Tilley

IMG_3072IMG_3073

Sister Richards (cutting an awesome dessert she made) and Sister Riggs

IMG_3074IMG_3075

Elder Holmes and President Richards

IMG_3076IMG_3077

Sisters Tilley, Bailey and Orton

IMG_3078IMG_3079

Sister Anderson, Sisters getting ready to eat and visit

IMG_3080IMG_3081

Sister Williams, ByBee, Crawford, Gina, Sisters Bailey and Gates

IMG_3082IMG_3083

Sisters Bishop, Montes, Gina (notice the cereal boxes for our scripture holders)

IMG_3084IMG_3085

Sisters Williams, Atkins, Scheib and Morrill (hiding)

IMG_3086IMG_3087

Sisters ByBee (ever the joker), Mortensen, Orton and Bingham

IMG_3089IMG_3090

Sister ByBee, Riggs, Anderson

IMG_3091IMG_3093

Sisters Tilley, Schackleford.  Sisters standing and stretching

IMG_3094IMG_3096

Sisters Richards and Bishop (leading the music)

IMG_3097IMG_3039

Sisters Anderson and Morrill.   President setting up.

IMG_3040IMG_3047

Sisters Walker, Riggs, Anderson looking over the Lost and Found.  Sister Bodily

IMG_3048IMG_3049

Elders Holmes, Weeks, President, Sister Richards, Sister Anderson – getting ready

IMG_3050IMG_3059

Sister Bingham lead the music, President Richards giving statistics

IMG_3061IMG_3062

Sisters Walker and Richards

IMG_3052IMG_3051