Friday, January 4, 2013

Lynette

Lynette and Ray at Elder Boehrer and my temple sealing in April 1973

024

Today would have been my sister Lynette’s 60th birthday.  She was killed in an automobile accident on January 29th, 2002, just after her 49th birthday.  I miss her very much.   I am so grateful for the privilege of being her sister.  We had many fun years together and I will cherish those years always.  She raised six beautiful girls and now has eleven grandchildren with a twelfth on the way.  What a wonderful Mother she was.  The actions of her girls is a testament to the way she raised them.  They are all active in the church, good citizens, and full of laughter and fun, which they inherited from their Mother. 

Lynette’s Beautiful Girls, my Nieces – Anna, Maria, Vicky, Lyndy, Julie, Laura

038

My children all loved and respected her.  Those members of our family who never met her will have missed out on a loving, caring and down to earth friend.   She was as loud and crazy as I am.  I have never laughed so hard as I did with her and I probably will never laugh that way again.  My brother Don and I miss her very much.   We three planned on growing old together, sitting on the beach and reminiscing for hours on end.

My Brother Don

Don Bailey and Aunt Aileen 

Unforgettable memories are what she left all of us.  We know that someday we will have that chance again.

Love you Lynette