Sunday, January 6, 2013

Katherine’s Birthday

IMG_2059

Today is a special birthday for our granddaughter Katherine.  She will be eight years old and will be getting baptized this month!  That is a special birthday and we are very excited and proud of Katherine.  Katherine is the third of Mike’s girls (Mike is our oldest).  She has always gone on her own path and does what she wants to do, and yet she tries very hard to be obedient to the teachings that she learns in Primary and the teachings of her parents.  We love her very, very much! 

Party smile Birthday cakeGift with a bow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHERINE

Miscellaneous 020

[Elder Boehrer] Today is my granddaughters 8th birthday, Katherine Diane Boehrer, and she is so looking forward to her baptism on January 26, 2013. This will be the second baptism we have missed since we left on our mission and even though our children and grandchildren would like us to be there they all know that we are where we need to be at this time of our lives. We love their support.

What a week it has been. We had New Year’s Day on Tuesday. Then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we had Zone Conferences. They are always inspiring and we are able to meet with all the missionaries which always lifts our spirits. This Wednesday, Thursday and Thursday, we will have the zone conferences for the east side of the zone, Annapolis, Baltimore and Columbia. This will be another busy week and with only six missionaries going home in February and twenty-five coming in we have our work cut out in finding housing for all.

It is so exciting being on a mission. I have found out so much about myself and the trust the Lord has put in me. We had the Columbia Stake Conference this weekend and it was another spiritual experience.

There was a speaker that spoke to us about heart and how it works for us spiritually, something I think I always thought I knew but until today it never had such an impact.

I love my wife and family so very much. And I love the Lord and pray that with His plan that we will all be together forever as a family.