We left Missouri about 7:45 this morning. Went into Illinois about 30 minutes later. Wow, this state hopping is hard to keep up with. All three states are so green. I had heard that is pretty typical of the Eastern states , but it is something to see. One thing I have not seen a lot of is snow capped mountains since we left good ole’ California, Utah and Denver – not that I went to the snow that much, but it is pretty to look at, even if it is too cold. burrrrrrrrr
Today is our granddaughter Lexy’s 9th birthday. She is Mike (our oldest son) and Tory’s girl. Mike has four girls and enjoys every minute of it – I think. Sometimes he makes the comment that boys (he was raised one of four brothers) may be wild but girls can make more noise than a flock of geese. I think it’s the screaming. . . His is a good Dad and his girls are crazy about him. It’s kind of funny to see them all try to sit in his chair with him. Still waiting for it to break…
A little bragging, I don’t know how many of you who are reading this blog know our son Dan. He is about 6’3” and weighs about 280 pounds and has gout in his knee and foot, but he is still a heck of a baseball player. He and our son David are on an adult league in Henderson, Nevada. Now, Danny, has a hard time running because of his size and being out of shape, but as usual, he hit a beautiful homerun. Not only that, but he ran the bases and stole third base. Usually he has someone run the bases for him so that made it even better. You have to know Dan, in order to appreciate this big guy running the bases and sliding into third. Honestly, David said it was hysterical, but he did it! Love you Dan.
A big thanks and appreciation to Bryan and Mike who were at our house early this morning and Mike ended up staying until about 12:00. Our ATP alarm was acting up. We so appreciate the help of our children. Not much we can do from out here in Ohio
Stopped at a Circle K in Indiana. This pictures shows how green it is even at a gas station.
Come on, I had to get a picture of Roy getting out of the car. . .
We stopped at a Carl’s Jr. for Lunch. No one even stopped to say “hi” or look at us or ask about our badges today
It was rainy
and cold. No one felt like talking I guess.
We got to Gahanna, Ohio where our hotel is located, but because of construction, our GPS didn’t know how to give us the detour directions, so we had to call the hotel and have them walk us through it. Needless to say, driving around in circles was not what we wanted to do – between that and the rain, it was not a good time. We finally made it and the hotel is really nice. AND, we had a great dinner at the Bob’s Big Boy across the street (not that we’d go again
). Had to take this picture of Roy posing with Big Boy – I know our children and grandchildren will appreciate it
I-70 has a lot of trucks on it. I took a picture because when you get behind two of those big bemoths it reminds me of two elephants fighting to see who can get ahead of the other. We thought of driving between the two of them, but I am reminded of the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles -
We ran into some rain. That’s better than tornados. Don’t think I haven’t thought about that.Gosh, if we saw a tornado, we decided we follow the cars in front of us. Looked like tornado weather to us. Not sure where we’d go but at least we wouldn’t be alone.
It was a long driving day, but Roy and I sure enjoyed each other’s company. Also, we talked with all of our children except for Danny. We’ll talk with him tomorrow – hopefully.