Monday, April 16, 2012

8th MTC Day

Office Training:                                                                                                                                                  P1000176 

This what our training room looks like. Can you see Roy in the foreground?

Today was our first day of office training.  We were ‘introduced’ to Microsoft 2007 Excel and Word and also the church’s iMOS database program.  A lot of it I already know, but it was still interesting to learn about the programs from a professional.  We will also learn PowerPoint and Newsletter – which should really be fun.  I have always wanted to be a Linda Giguere.  She is such a professional.  Her newsletters were awesome.  Linda and I worked together at San Juan Technology Services.   I admire her professionalism and I miss her friendship.  I, of course, miss my best buddy, Claudia Shirley.  Claudia worked with me for three years at San Juan.  it would be fun to have her there next to me when we are going over all of this stuff.  We had a great time working together. 

At times Roy and I will be working together in the office.  Roy will probably be more out on the road helping the elders with apartments, vehicles, leasing, etc. I enjoy office work, especially if I am given the chance to be creative.  My all time favorite Boss was Oswaldo Galarza (Oz).   He always gave me the opportunity to do my job to the best of my ability and he gave me things to do that helped me to learn and grow in my position.  I am grateful for what I learned from Oz.  It will help me with the duties that I will have in the mission office.   Oh yeah, and I bet he sometimes gets a smile at my missionary efforts . . .Flirt male

We are reminded often of our work as missionaries.  Even when we are working in the office we will have opportunities to share the Gospel.

 “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all  the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come”.

Matthew 24:14

P1000180  This is a statue of Samuel H. Smith, younger brother of Joseph Smith.  Samuel was the first missionary to serve in the church.  We are with our friends the Crawfords.

 

P1000181  Just wanted to jog our four son’s memory.  I am sure they can relate to this statue.