Wednesday, April 18, 2012

10th MTC Day and our Niece Laura’s Birthday

Well another day of training.  We learned how to make newsletters.  It was interesting and I think I did a good job – if I do say so myselfWinking smile.

This afternoon at 12:30 we saw Chad Hilburn.  He is going on a mission to France.  There is a story behind that.  Cali, our 5 year old granddaughter (Bryan’s oldest girl), pointed not only to France, but the city that Chad is going to serve his mission in.  Cali pointed out where he was going BEFORE he opened the mission papers from Salt Lake.  So, needless to say, we asked her where we were going on our mission.  She said Hawaii!   Guess you can’t always be right. We are so excited to leave to the Maryland Baltimore Mission (yep, the mission title lists the state first).  It will definitely be an adventure.

Anyways, back to Chad.  We took pictures of him and his family.  What a great young man.  It reminds me so much of when we took our children to the MTC.  They said they were nervous, but they didn’t realize how nervous Roy and I were.  We missed them all very much, but, as I have said before, what an experience for them and many, many blessings for our whole family!  Chad’s Dad, Dave Hilburn, is our fourth son, Bryan’s, boss.  They are great friends and we have grown close to Dave’s family through our association with Bryan and Monica. 

By the way, there are 2,000 missionaries here, not 4,000 as I mentioned in last night’s post.  The count gets to 4,000 during the months of July and August (school is out).

I have included some pictures of the front gate at the MTC; the area where they drop the missionaries off; and more of the beautiful flowers around here.  The pictures don’t do them justice.  In the pictures, besides Roy and I, is Chad, is sister Kristen, his brother Ben, and his parents Dave and Terry.  Dave and Terry have another son, Josh, who is serving a mission in Chile.  Wow!  What a great family!

P1000185    P1000186    P1000187

 

P1000188P1000190   P1000191

P1000192  Okay. I really messed up.  I didn’t get any pictures of Chad’s Mom, Dad and Sister.  I have asked Bryan to send me some.