Friday, April 13, 2012

5th MTC Day

P1000151

Wow! We have had a ton of information given to us in the past five days, and we don’t even have to learn a foreign language. By the way, this is being posted by Roy – surprise! Each day we find it more exciting and our testimonies continue to grow even stronger and stronger. Today will always have a special feeling in my heart. Back in 1971 while taking the Priesthood Advancement Classes, I met a man that influenced my life so much that I wanted to be as spiritual as he and his family. He lived in Concord, California and was a dentist. He was so special to me that I wanted him to confer the Melchizedek Priesthood on me and ordain me an Elder, and that was 41 years ago this month. I have held Brother Vern Tueller as the standard for how I want my life to be. Those of you who know me, my memory is about as long as a tack, but I have never forgotten Brother Tueller and the influence he had on my life. Today Cindy and I went into our class at the MTC and there was an elderly gentleman and his wife who were there as Missionary Volunteers to relate to the Senior Missionaries their experiences as Senior Missionaries. I noticed their badges said Brother and Sister Tueller. It was the same Vern Tueller who set me apart 41 years ago. What are the chances? It was so wonderful to see this man who means so much to me. We had a tender reunion. He has been and is doing so much for our Heavenly Father. He has been a Bishop; Stake President; High Councilor; has served several Missions; and now serves in the Provo Utah Temple besides volunteering on Fridays here in the mission home where we met again!

The following is a favorite scripture of Vern Tueller:

Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and He will direct thee for good: yay, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that He may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou riseth in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if you do these things, you shall be lifted up at the last day.

Alma 37:37        P1000155

Posted by Cindy:

Today was our last day learning the missionary lessons.  We learned so much during this past week.  I used to look at the Preach My Gospel Manual as a daunting task, but it was broken down so well for us that we now know how to use it in the way it was intended.  It is a very informative book and we have gained much knowledge from it.  Of course, here at the MTC, how could you not learn and grow as a person.  There is such a strong spirit here you can feel it as you walk the hallways.   We  met everyday in a big conference room.  This picture shows some of us during our meeting.  You can see Roy and I way in the back row.    P1000159  This is only part of our group.  Many are standing off to the side.  Sixty-two couples are here with us.

I got another picture of our training group.  P1000145  The picture includes the young missionary (in the front row) who trained us. 

We took a lot of pictures.  We will definitely miss our new found friends, but one of the Sisters had the great idea of passing around a paper with everyone’s email address on it.  Now we can stay in touch. 

Tomorrow is our P Day.  The P stands for Preparation.  That means we can get our laundry done, shop if we’d like, rest, visit, do the things that we don’t have time for during the week.  Starting Monday through Thursday we will be training in the work that we will be doing when we are in the mission area in Maryland.  I will be trained on everything in the office except Finance.  Yay!!!!!  Roy will have training in other areas.  We will be leaving the MTC on Friday morning.  I am sure by then I will be glad to get started on our journey, but I will always remember the time we have here.  An unforgettable experience.

Two of our favorite people are Dick and Marilyn Crawford.  They are good friends and wonderful card playersBe right back.  Anyway, two of our favorite people here are the Crawfords. P1000147  Brings a little bit of home into our lives.

More tomorrow . . .