Tuesday, April 10, 2012

2nd Day MTC

Today was a very, very busy day.  Let me preface this by saying that Roy has been very sick with a viral infection, so he has been unable to come with me today to any of the classes.  In between all else that is going on I have been coming back to the room to care for Roy as needed.  Tonight we have him in emergency to find out what is going on.  I am grateful for good doctors and nurses and especially for the new friends we have at the MTC who have been so helpful and caring. I miss my family, but I know Roy is in good, caring hands.

Our schedule is full and we are learning continually.  It is fun, believe it or not.  I have included a picture of our typical daily schedule.  Unbelievable.  P1000135  We are  up at 6:00 (yes, Dan, you were right) and going until 5:00.  Love every minute of it, but I do enjoy our bed.  It feels good after a long day.

Tonight from 7:00 until 8:00  we attended a meeting with all of the missionaries and the leaders in the MTC.  Brother McMullen, second counselor in the Presiding Bishopric spoke and we sang at least four songs.  Now, as any of my family will tell you, I do not like to sing.  Musicals are not my thing, but to hear all of those young missionaries sing together was awe inspiring.  It just fills your soul Smile  These are 19-22 year old young men and young women who are giving of their time in the service of the Lord.  There are all types of service and all of it is so inspiring, especially when it it performed by young people who have many other things they could or want to do in their lives and they have chosen to serve.  Wow!  I am beginning to truly understand just what our children experienced when they were in the MTC before they left on their missions.

It has been a long day.  I’ll give more information about Roy tomorrow.  

P.S.  I have also included a picture of the beautiful flowers that grow around here.  They look like velvet. P1000133