Saturday, April 14, 2012

6th MTC Day

Preparation Day:

Today was our Preparation Day and it was nice.  We planned on going to the temple but Roy was still sniffling and sneezing.  We didn’t think the patrons would appreciate Roy coughing all over themWho me?.  Of course I could have gone by myself. . .but I didn’t.  We finished up laundry, did some shopping – certainly not food shopping, there’s enough food here to feed an army.   And, that is about what they feed everyday.  I was walking down the corridor this morning and I looked down the end of the hallway and there were about 100 missionaries just mulling around.  I thought, what the heck?!  Are they just talking and enjoying the day or what?  Nope, they were waiting in front of the cafeteria door.  Needless to say, when it opened it was like a herd of hungry cattle going for the trough.  Well, let me change that, a herd of polite cattle, but you wouldn’t want to get in their way!

I walked on the walking track this afternoon for about 45 minutes.  It was nice to see so many of the young men and women playing basketball and four square.  In my day, when you played four square you stood in the square and hit the ball around.  They were going for it.  It was a tuff game of who’s going to get out first.  Gives them all good exercise.  I wouldn’t want a bunch of young men in my home or building without some way to get their exercise.  If you don’t have something for them to do, they’ll find something. . .like when Roy and I found out years later the games our boys used to play when we weren’t home, as in jumping off the balcony, chasing each other up and down the stairs, shooting a bb gun in the house.  You know, simple stuff like that Sad smile.  One of our friends (who shall remain nameless) found out that their boys started a bond fire in the middle of their room.  A small one, but still.  Ah, yes, those were the days.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with my cousins.  It will be fun.

Jennifer asked me to take some pictures of our room.  Here goes in this order:

1. Dresser 2. sitting area  3. bed (Roy is demonstrating how it works)  4. ironing board and refrigerator

5. wardrobe 6.  vanity 7. mirror  8. bathroom

 

P1000163    P1000162    P1000164    P1000165    P1000166     P1000168

 

Our bedroom mirror    P1000172

                   Our room is very comfortable.  Just enough for us.