Mike and Bryan (they were practicing how to be old . . .gotta love ‘em.
I want to start out today’s blog by saying how very much we love and appreciate our two sons, Mike and Bryan. The alarm at our house has been going off and the neighbors are calling and asking what the heck is going on. Last night it went off and the police came to see what’s up. Evidently someone called them. Mike explained to the policeman where we are, etc. and the guy was fine with it. Before we left on our mission, Roger Cobabe turned the water off on the inside of the house. When the boys got into the house they noticed that there was water in the bathtub – ???? They called Roger right away and he explained about bubbles in the pipes that cause the left over water to come out. What would we do without such a great friend! The Lord watches over and blesses us so much and I know He blesses all those who have taken care of what we have had to leave behind.
Well, today it is raining and humid. I walked this morning and thought I’d drown, not because of the rain but because of the humidity. It is hard to breathe. The weather here in Maryland is awful for my hair, but it does wonders for your skin. Senior Missionaries who have gone home said that in about a week after returning home their hair finally goes back to normal. Here it looks like dried straw . . .I guess you take the bad with the good. I always wondered how people could be happy walking in the rain. I mean in California I never want to walk in the rain. It is cold and wet. Here in Maryland, it is warm and sometimes there is a wind to go with the rain. I love it. Mike, our son, would know what I mean. Windy days are the best.
Today the missionaries came to the office to pick up supplies. We love it when they come in (as I have said many times). The whole place comes alive and they are always so glad to see us. A great group of young people. I am sure they enjoy the peanut M&Ms we have out for them. I made cookies and brought them into the office yesterday (yep, the pan ones I made on Sunday) and they were gone in about 10 minutes. Nice.
We went to dinner at Red Robin this evening. We had to pick up some stuff on the way home and got caught in a bunch of traffic, so we thought if we stopped for a while and ate, then the traffic would lessen. Nope, didn’t make a bit of difference. Still took us about 45 minutes to travel 13 miles. Believe me, you learn real quick what detours to take to miss the traffic because if you get caught in it, it is bumper to bumper and everyone honks at everyone else. We try to be ‘missionary like’ and smile, etc., but not always.
We call this the ‘Mike Boehrer Family Restaurant’ It’s their favorite.
Remember a few days back when I mentioned that we had a mouse in the apartment? Well, when we got home today the apartment management left us a note saying that we had to have everything out of the cupboards in the kitchen. And, that we would have to get out of the apartment when they sprayed, which is not a problem because we are gone all day anyway. But, then, when we get home we have to be sure that it is two hours since they sprayed or we can’t come in right away. That dang mouse had better be dead and all his kinfolk too!
THE KITCHEN “BEFORE MOUSE INVASION”
THE KITCHEN ‘AFTER MOUSE INVASION’