Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Downfall . . .

P1000960

Yes, I have a downfall – PEANUT  M&Ms.  No matter how hard I try, I cannot pass them up.  I don’t care if I’m dieting or so full I can’t breath, I always have room for my favorites!  Hey, we all have to have our weaknesses.  Even Elder Wilding (the first Elder pictured in the group of Tuesday Missionaries below) has lost 50 pounds while serving his mission.  Such willpower.  Maybe if I zipped my mouth shut. Don't tell anyone smile   This bowl of peanut M&Ms are on President Belliston’s desk 24/7.  I have to literally shut his door when he is not in there, or I will constantly come in and grab just one, maybe two, or maybe three – alright, alright, a handful.  Love ‘em!

Elder Cragun

P1000952

Elder Cragun is probably my most favorite of all of the Elders.  He is from San Jose, California, and whenever he comes into the office we high-five each other and tell ‘California’ stories.  He smiles all the time and he makes sure that everyone around him feels better.  A good young man.

As I have said many times before, we in the office, love the missionaries. In fact, all of us senior missionaries, take care of the missionaries like they were our own kids.  Today, being Tuesday, the Columbia area missionaries come into the office and get supplies, etc.  One of the Elders came in today and said that he would make us some curry chicken.  I truly can’t think of anything worse, but he assured me it would be the best curry dish I have ever had.  That won’t be hard, because I have never had a good curry dish.  We’ll see.  In exchange I said I would bring him some chocolate chip cookies.  We’ll see who gets the better end of the deal.

I so enjoy talking with the Moms of the missionaries who will be coming home soon.  I know exactly how they feel.  It is so exciting to know that they will be walking through the front door again and that you will hear their voice and know, not only that they are all right, but that they have served a mission and done well.  They are now back home to start their life with the tools they have learned while serving.  Send a kissRed heart

Whenever they come into the office, if needed, they help us move stuff.  Today we had to have them take the back bench out of the big mission van because President and Sister Belliston will be picking up the Richardsons from the airport in the van.  They will be coming in Friday evening along with their two teenage children who will be with them as their Dad serves as the President of the Maryland Baltimore Mission for the next three years.  What an adventure for them.  They will never forget this experience.