Oh wait, that’s Jennifer
Gosh, look what age does to you . . .
Yep, today is my birthday – 65. Gosh, how did that happen. Humm, that’s the same thing I said when I turned 50, then 60 . . .We celebrated by going to church and coming home and just relaxing. Elder Boehrer made the best dinner and got me a huge candy bar, which I don’t need, but I love . I so enjoy all of the phone calls and texts from family and friends. It makes the day even better.
Today at church when we walked in I heard this fantastic piano playing. I looked in the room and it was a little 10 year old boy. He has only taken lessons for about two week, but he played like a pro. Then I figured out it was a player piano – Gosh! Seriously, after he turned off the piano and played on his own, he is very good. I think in about six months he will be quite accomplished. He had a personality and liked to talk. My kind of person.
Of course I had to take a picture!!!
The missionaries brought four investigators to church today. One of them has only had one lesson and has started to read the Book of Mormon. She wants to be baptized on the 30th of this month. Wow! She had a lot to learn about the church and I am hoping that she is prepared. I sat with her in Sacrament meeting. I told her what was going on because today was Fast Sunday and not everyone understands that. It was so awesome to watch her reaction to the various testimonies. She would put her hands together and say AMEN and glory halleluiah, etc. So good to hear. It is in her culture to sound out with how you feel in church. I loved it! She is African American. I think more of us should be that way.
We also had a family visiting from Utah. They came to see the historical sites. Fun for them. I talked with a young girl whose boyfriend is not a member, but her Dad called us and asked us to see if her boyfriend would let us come talk with him about the Gospel. I want to become her friend first and also the meet her boyfriend. We found out that he is from Fair Oaks. That will help give us a common ground to work with.
We love what we are doing. It is so uplifting and fulfilling. What could be better than to celebrate your birthday while on a mission in Maryland serving others. Beyond description. Next to being with family, I can’t think of a better way to spend my time.
P. S. My ‘celebration wall’ is getting full of cards and now a balloon. It makes me feel so good to just and eat with Elder Boehrer and look the wall full of cards from home.