Today was our Preparation Day. We did the usual, cleaned the apartment and got ready for the day. Our day included the baptism of a wonderful family – the Woods. Brittany, Jessie, their daughter. They also have two little boys who are not yet eight years old. NOTE: In our church we do not baptism children until they are at the age of accountability, which is eight years old. The baptism was so uplifting. You could feel the joy and happiness of the family and it just made us all feel so good. After Brittany was baptized she raised her arms in the air and shouted ‘hallelujah’ – that happens a lot in our ward. I think it is a standard thing done by the African American members. I sure do love it. I don’t think I will ever get used to not hearing that when I get back home. It is such a statement and showing of joy for what has just happened. Makes you want to shout with them!
I handed out another pass-a-long card today. The lady I handed it to was not interested, as she explained she had another church she attended, but she was very gracious.
I love our mission. I love this church and I know it is true. I have a testimony of that and this mission confirms it for me everyday. I believe in God the Eternal Father and in is Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
I love my family and friends so much and I hope that some day all of them will have a testimony of this church.