The drivers in Maryland are unreal. They stop in the middle of the lane when they need to get out of their cars. I.e., if they are picking someone up, or have to go for a quick run to the store, or want a soda or something. Also, I have never seen so many cars run red lights. It is almost funny. In fact, I am thinking of doing it. . .only thing is, I’d get caught.
Elder Boehrer is working very hard to get inspection reports out to each of the senior missionaries so that they can do apartment checks. An apartment check is when a senior couple go to the apartment of the missionaries and checks to be sure that it is clean, and well cared for. These poor Elders and Sisters still have to take care of their living quarters even more than at home. You can sure tell in most cases who took care of their stuff before the mission because the others are still waiting for their Moms to come and clean up after them. It is really interesting to see how most find out so fast that their companions are not their maids. (Elder Boehrer)
We have another group of missionary's coming in October. Exciting. The mission is growing by leaps and bounds. I talked with an Elder from California today. He asked what part of California Elder Boehrer and I are from. I told him when he gets home and gets out of the car he needs to just stand there for a minute and feel the warmth of California (of course, that won’t be for another year). There is nothing like it. Yep, it’s warm here, but in California, it’s beach warm, it’s swimming pool warm, it’s, well, it’s just the best. Love my mission, but I do love California.