Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday

IMG_2161

Our granddaughter, Katherine, lost a tooth.  She now has two teeth missing.  She lost her first tooth by asking her Dad, Michael, to tie a string to it and to slam the door and pull it out.  Well, it worked.  It flew across the room and for a split, terrifying second, they thought that the tooth was gone.  I mean, really, that could have been a small disaster – no tooth fairy visit.  They found it.  The second tooth she lost at school.  A little easier.  When our daughter Jenni was five and lost her first tooth, I told her the tooth fairy would fly into her room and leave her some money if she put her tooth under her pillow.  Scared her to death!!  The thought of some little fairy creature flying around her room was not what she wanted to hear.  I finally had to tell her that the fairy left it with Mom and Dad and we brought into her room.  Gosh, I could have gotten out of having to come up with money for her teeth Be right back

It is an absolutely beautiful windy day here in Maryland.  Just in time for the Star Spangled 200 year anniversary celebration.  We are going to try our best to see the tall ships that will docked in the harbor and also get a glimpse of the Blue Angels who will be flying over Fort McHenry.  It is quite a celebration.  The festivities last from the 13th through the 19th.   Not sure what day we can go.  On Friday we have a small wedding to attend.  It will be at our ward for a family which consists of three children and a mom and dad.  The parents have never been married and this will be exciting event for them.  They have been investigating the church for about six weeks and love it so much, they decided to get married and then on Saturday they are going to be baptized at 12:00 at the Stake Center.  Elder Boehrer and I have gotten close to this family and we want them to know that we support them.  Our Mission Leader, brother Tyron Gardner, has been a great help to Elder Boehrer and I in getting to know the members of our ward.  He is the only member in his family and is an ex Marine drill Sargent.  He looks like one too, but acts too nice to be one Winking smile 

Well, we have a whole new set of young missionaries coming in.  They will be arriving July 10th and we will also be having another group who will be going home.  A total of 13 missionaries.  That doesn’t sound too bad, but I have to be sure and coordinate all the comings and goings.  It’s fun to do because I get to know the new missionaries.  I wondered how, when I got here, I would EVER remember all the missionaries names and faces.  I understand now how the Senior Missionaries who are already here know them all by name.  They have seen these young people from the time they arrived in the mission field.  Some of the information you read about the missionaries is exciting, sometimes sad, sometimes interesting, but never dull.  I am surprised at how many come out without the support of their families.  Some have parents who do not want to be contacted at all about their missionary’s doings.  Others are totally involved.  You truly grow to love them all.  Speaking of missionaries, two of the Spanish speaking elders came in the office today in what they called ‘work’ attire and it wasn’t their P day.  Ahh, looked a little too casual to me.  You be the judge . . .

P1000827

The carpets are going to be cleaned on Friday, so we had them help us move furniture.  They said, “Gee, we should have dressed better”.  Ya’ think?

Yep, the office is a mess, but busy. 

P1000825P1000826

(Elder Boehrer)  We went to the storage shed today to store all the stuff from the office and in the next couple of weeks we are going there to clean out all of the stuff that is broken or unusable.  But on the way back to the office from the shed we stopped by SHOPPERS, a grocery store that has donuts the size of a small pie  . I’ll  take a picture some day when I have a wide angle lends in the camera. Oh by the way I did not get one and it was very hard to say ‘not today.' 

The mice annihilation went well today.  I hope the little critters have gone to a better place, high in the sky.