Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday– It’s HOT

Hailey Faith kissing her new baby brother Jackson Bryan

IMG_0256

Pictures like this make it all worthwhile. . .

Well it is HOT and HUMID.  What a combination.  Our apartment is on the bottom floor, and we have no direct sunlight, just filtered.  Therefore, we escape some of the heat, but believe me, we have the air condition on all day and night and two fans.  My children will tell you that is a miracle.  I NEVER use the air conditioner.  They were raised in a hot house Embarrassed smile 

As we sit in our air conditioned apartment, I watch the mom’s take their children to the pool up the street.  They have their bathing suits on and their blow up toys, etc.  It reminds me of summer time when our children were that age and they went to the pool  up the street from our home.  That pool was a life saver in the Summer.  That is where our children learned how to swim, had birthday parties, met new friends and had some great summer fun!  Ahh, yes, the good ole’ days. 

Elder Boehrer and I are learning more and more each day about what we need to do in the Mission Office.  The couple that works with us, the Gibbons, will be going home the first part of October.  That means that there will be another couple needed in the office to take over the duties of the Gibbons, i.e., Finances and Vehicles.  So, I pray that more Senior couples will come into the mission field, because openings like this will need to be filled throughout the church.  The work that Senior Missionaries do is vital to the Church and they are so needed!  The young missionaries truly enjoy having the Senior Missionaries around and we love ‘taking care’ of them.  They do more for lifting our spirits than we do for them – I think.  I have come across a couple of missionaries that are having a hard time in the field.  Some of our children had a hard time during some periods of their missions, and I know that it would have helped to have a Senior Missionary that they could  talk to or that could bring them a sense of home.  I will be forever grateful to those that helped my children.  I hope I can do that for the missionaries out here.  Being on a mission as a young person is life changing and they can either adjust to it and rely on the spirit or they can be rebellious and have a hard time.  Our son Danny, related a story about a missionary in the Philippines (where he served his mission), who decided he was done with his mission and was going home.  Dan talked to him and said that if he chose to go home the only one he would be hurting would be himself.  Everyone else at the mission would go on and serve and he would be gone.  It made the young man think and he changed his mind.  Sometimes, that’s all it takes is to have someone set your mind straight.  I think those times come from Heavenly Father as a answer to the prayer of those young missionaries.