This is what we have today in Maryland and for the next few days – RAINY and CLOUDY! I see that our family in California, Nevada and Oregon are having 80 degree weather. Oh how I miss that. Anyone who lives here has already told me that I don’t want the hot weather to start because of the overwhelming humidity. I am sure I will tell you about that as soon as I have my first real day of summer in our mission. I will say that you don’t need a jacket because it is a warm rain.
About twice a week I have to do laundry. In order to do that I have to load up the basket with clothes, soap, bleach, and/or stain remover and then tote it all down to the washing and drying machines which are located next door. At first I thought ‘oh brother, what a pain’, but actually it’s not too bad. When we first moved in we were told that the laundry room was right next door to us and we were so excited until we realized that it was just an empty apartment. Actually, it is better that the laundry room is not right next door because I wouldn’t want to hear the traffic of people and the noise of the machines right through our apartment wall. Whew!
We are trying to set up a trip to the Andrews AFB. Bryan’s boss’ sister’s husband (got that?) is a pilot for the Vice President, Speaker of the House and other staff in the White House. So, he is going to take us and other Senior Couples on a tour of the AFB. Can’t wait! I sure hope the weather is nice, but we know what the chances of that will be. I will say that when it rains here is it warm enough that you don’t need a jacket, just an umbrella.
Next week we are going to tour the site of the Civil War Antietam National Battle field. This was the only battlefield in U.S. History that had more causalities than any other battle. The Bloodiest One Day Battle in American History - 23000 soldiers were killed, wounded or missing after 12 hours of bloody combat. Some of them had no identification on them so their grave just reads ‘solider’. It has a museum and the usual gift shop, but it should be very interesting. I love seeing historic places and I love museums.
We went into the mission office today at noon because there was no water in the building until then. Before that we took the Nissan to the dealer and got the oil and lube done and the tires rotated. Our Rogue is a great car. It is such a blessing that we have it. I hope it outlasts our mission. We sure use it a lot and it doesn’t even have a garage to sit in.
P. S. This is how we get in and out of our apartment everyday. Almost feel like we’re back in a two story.