Joshua Boehrer Age 13
Bryan Boehrer
Our oldest grandson, Joshua, was born thirteen years ago today. I remember when he was just a little guy. We just adored him, still do. He would run around and loved to help his Grandpa Boehrer in the yard and loved to ride in his Grandpa Andrews helicopters.
Bryan is our youngest son. Love that boy. I still remember when he was just a little guy and we would go on field trips together. I knew he was my last boy and I wanted to share my time with him as much as possible. None of it was wasted.
Today we arrived at the office at 8:30 and got home at 7:30. A long day, but an exciting one also. We had seven new Elders arrive and one new Sister.
Elder Boehrer and Elder Gibbons went to the airport with President Belliston to pick up the new missionaries. Elder Gibbons drove the big van and picked up the luggage. Whew. Tons of it.
Earlier in the day Elder White’s Mom called to say that she had sent a package with the Elder’s blankets and pillow. She asked me to call her let her know if the package had arrived and all was well. When I let Elder White know that his Mom had called and she had sent his bedding, he sure got teased for that. Guess, the Elders don’t want others to know how much their Mom’s worry about their well being. Hey, that’s what being a Mom is all about. Bryan’s boss’ wife, Terry Hilburn, called to say that a friend that she had known in high school asked if I would meet and greet her son, Elder Oats. She wanted to know how he was doing. I was happy to let his Mom know that he made the trip safely and had a big smile on his face. He was also asked by President Belliston to give the blessing on the food. He did it perfectly. I sent his Mom a text with his picture. I remember hoping that our sons and daughter arrived in the mission field, healthy and happy. I’m sure it meant a lot to Elder Oats Mom to know that all is well. I felt like his stand-in Mom. I guess, once a Mom, always a Mom.
Sister Gibbons and I went to President Belliston’s home and set up the dinner. It was already catered, but we made sure it was set it out for everyone. After dinner we did the clean up, which was not much at all. We used paper plates and cups – good idea.
After arriving the missionaries were greeted by all of us; had their picture taken by Elder Gibbons; and then sat down to a dinner of roast beef, potatoes, carrots and french bread. At first the missionaries didn’t say too much, but after they got some food in their stomachs, there was a lot of talking and laughing.
The Elder standing with his hands in his pockets is Elder Oats. He looks happy. In the picture of all of the arrivals and President and Sister Belliston, Elder White is the second Elder from the left. I already feel closer to this group of missionaries because I am starting from scratch with them. We are so grateful for the opportunity to be on this mission.