Friday, May 25, 2012

Baptism

Today was another busy day in the life of a Senior Missionary couple.  Work at the mission office was busy. We are getting ready for nine missionaries to go home and nine missionaries to arrive in the mission field and that takes a lot of work and preparation.  We have two dinners next week at the Presidents home, plus two meetings to attend to welcome and say good bye to the arriving and departing missionaries.  That means, I will be doing a lot of stuff that I have been trained on, but have never done by myself – I think all will work out, but I’m still hoping for the best.  I don’t want to look too stupid . . .

When the missionaries run out of supplies they come into the office to pick what they have ordered.  I have included in this picture what storeroom looks like  Also, the missionaries love to come in and look at the baptism board.  Elders Andersen and Martinez came by and I got a picture with the two of them.  Kinda’ nice.

P1000599     

The storeroom – yep, that’s only part of it.

 P1000600

Elders Anderson and Martinez – hey, we match!

P1000601

Tonight we went to a baptism.  It was for Reginald  Miller.  His wife has been a member for the past twelve years.  He finally decided to join the church and he was so happy after his baptism that  he got all teary eyed.  He and his wife have the cutest little boy.  I got a picture of them together.  Quite a nice, happy family.  Elder Boehrer gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  He was asked at the last minute and did a great job.  In two weeks there will be another baptism for a young couple who have only been to church twice.  They feel so at home in our ward and have been looking so long for the right church, that they know this is what they want to do.  They have two cute little boys.  Two happy families.  It is really nice to see.

We took two missionaries home.  They live in a great part of town.  It reminds me of New York.  Not that I have ever been there, but it looks like what I’ve seen on TV.Be right back  My friend, Donna, from high school, lives in New York.  She has lived there for the past forty years and loves it.  I hope I’m right on the amount of years, Donna. . .I can’t wait to see you again.  I will hope to do that when I am out here.