Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday

This has been a week of many new experiences for me in the Maryland Baltimore Mission.

Last Monday seems like so long ago because so much is going on.

On Monday we received the furniture for the next two senior couples coming in by the end of the month. Tuesday I was getting all of the new files ready for the 10 new apartments that need to be ready for the March transfers. Because all of the new areas are in existing areas I had to contact each Bishop as to the most suitable location in their wards. Some of the wards here are as large as our stake.

Wednesday had to search out  apartments in the Annapolis, Brooklyn Park area but had no luck in finding anything. Thursday I ordered another 10 sets of twin bed sets for the incoming missionaries in March, and searched for more places to house missionaries.

Friday no reply’s from any of the Bishops on apartment findings. I went to Hancock, Maryland to settle a lease up there and then went to Berkeley Springs, West Virginia to check on an existing apartment and on the way back to Ellicott City I stopped in at an apartment in Urbana, Mayland to deliver a vacuum.

Saturday Sister Boehrer and I went to the mission office at around 11:30 am and worked on more of the same just getting caught up until around 2 pm. Later that night we went to dinner with the Clawson’s and Nickerson’s at the Golden Corral.   What a meal!!!

I know that this week will be better in finding locations for missionaries.  [Elder Boehrer]