Elders Chafin; Shaw; Ashton and Larsen
enjoying their P-Day
Today was P-Day for missionaries. When you see the missionaries in their casual clothes, it reminds you that they are normal young people out serving a mission. So fun to watch them.
We had a bunch of missionaries in the office today because they were getting bike hitches on their vehicles. Soon, the missionaries will be riding bikes more than driving in a car. They seem to make more contacts when they are biking. It makes them much more approachable.
[Elder Boehrer] Well it has been a couple of weeks since I have written anything. Part of the time I was back in California because of some stuff involving my retirement. I got all that cleared up by Thursday, and was able to stay for my beautiful granddaughter Katherine’s Baptism on Saturday. I was also able to attend Bryan’s church meetings on the first Sunday and then to Mike’s the following Sunday. Jennifer came into Sacramento on Friday and I was able to spend time with her and 10 of our grandkids. I got to meet our newest grandson, Jackson, who came along last May just about a month after we left for our mission.
Things around the mission are really hopping. We are opening thirteen new areas tomorrow and so far eleven areas in March.
We also have four more senior couples coming by the middle of March.
Mission life is the best and I’m having the time of my life staying busy doing the Lord’s work and I know that He is guiding Sister Boehrer and I all the time. [Elder Boehrer]