Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Saturday P-Day

Getting ready for St. Patrick’s Day

IMG_3355

Got another full P-Day.  I baked three dozen cookies – peanut butter and chocolate chips and oatmeal.  I promised the Sisters, Elders and one of our new members, Don, that I would bring cookies this Sunday.  Instead of bringing the cookies to church we’re going to have the missionaries in our zone come by our apartment and eat some, probably with hot chocolate.  NOTE: A mission is divided into zones, with each zone being divided into areas.  In our mission we have six zones: Annapolis, Baltimore; Columbia; Frederick; Martinsburg and Winchester.  Our Mission is in four states: Maryland; Virginia; West Virginia and (for a short time) Pennsylvania.  Elder Boehrer and I serve in the Columbia zone and in the Ellicott City area. 

Around 11:30 we went to the mission office and worked for a couple of hours, then ran errands.   One of the errands was to stop at Wegmans grocery store.  I talked about this store in my September 8th blog.  We finished walking through it.  It is unbelievably HUGH.  Then we back to the apartment and relaxed.  In the evening we went to dinner at the Golden Corral restaurant with the Clasens and the Nickersons. We visited, relaxed and enjoyed great company.  We have made so many life long friends on our mission.  We will remember them always.  Some we will see again, and hopefully all of them at some time in this life or the next.

September 8th – our first visit to Wegmans

P1010828

This is only a quarter of the store.

IMG_3347IMG_3348

                                                                           They even have a train that runs around the store

IMG_3349IMG_3350

These three pictures are of just the cereal isle.

IMG_3352IMG_3353IMG_3354