One of my favorite things to do at Christmas – look at the lights.
Only in the East do you see we wreaths on every home and candles in the windows. So warm looking.
Wow, Sunday a day of rest. After this week it was really needed.
In the next couple of transfers we will be getting a boat load of new missionaries and 4 more senior couples coming to our mission just in February. Elder Jones and I left the mission office Friday morning about 9:30 AM and went west into Virginia and West Virginia looking for housing for the missionaries and there is very few apartments in these areas. We did find one small house for rent but the place looked like it lost in the Civil War.
I can not tell you how exciting and how much fun it is to be here at this time. All the new missionaries now coming in groups of 20-25 with only 4-6 going home. These young missionaries are so pumped up and ready to serve their Heavenly Father and share their testimonies of the truthfulness of the message from our Lord and our Heavenly Father. [Elder Boehrer]
Ahh, yes, Sees Candy
Elder Boehrer and I went for a ride tonight and saw some Christmas lights. We also had another motive for looking at lights was a box of Sees Candy that I left at the office. Nothing temps me more than Sees candy and nothing stops me from gorging myself with it. Sad, but true.