Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sixteen days before Christmas

Sunday in the Maryland Baltimore Mission and it has been a rainy and chilly day. It is always a good Sunday especially if your teaching the gospel .

Our lesson in the Gospel Principals class was on the Millennium and what will happen when it comes.I have been a member of the church for more than 40 years and I continually keep learning more and more.

In our Priesthood class “Teachings of Presidents Of The Church “ we are learning from George Albert Smith, and this week was lesson 22,” Bringing Up Children in Light and Truth”. We are reminded that it is the sole responsibility of mothers and fathers to raise our children and to teach them proper principals and to teach them about God and Jesus Christ.

It has always interested me that no matter how often you hear of the body of these lessons there is always something you hear for the first time, and as you hear of others’ experiences you discover that you are not the only one that these things happen to.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day I think. We will be getting some instruction about the incoming missionaries and where the Mission President will be having them serve, so that I will be able to find some proper housing for the new areas that will be opening up in the next few months.

I love our mission and the wonderful feeling it gives us each and every day.  Elder Boehrer