Linda Giguere (and her beautiful daughter) –
Looks and feels great!!! Always in style. So happy for her.
I want to say that I got some wonderful news. One of my closest and best friends, Linda Giguere, just found out that her cancer has been in remission for a year AND to celebrate she and her sister are going to Hawaii in a couple of weeks. I am beyond happy for her. She has been so stalwart in her acceptance of what she had to do and in dealing with all that has happened to her body in the past two years. She has handled it like a trouper. She is a role model to me. Congrats Linda!!
Before the Big C diagnosis – We had just retired from the San Juan School District!
Gospel Essentials Lesson
Elder Boehrer gave the lesson in the Gospel Essentials class today. NOTE: Gospel Essentials is the title of a class that is typically held during Sunday School time at church. It is geared towards those who are newly baptized or are investigating the church. It is normally taught by the missionaries or the Ward Missionary Leader. Elder Boehrer did a wonderful job especially since the topic was a difficult one to teach. It was on “Keeping the Law of Chastity”. When you are teaching members or non-members who come from different walks of life you have to be sensitive to their feelings. Their feelings are as important as the full time member and they might have different ideas on the subject. Anyway, Elder Boehrer was able to reach all of them without being offensive nor sounding too judgmental. I was very pleased with his effort. Oh, and did I say that he looked mighty handsome in his gray suit and blue tie . . . just thought I’d add that