Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday Conference

Our Easter card from Tucker & Bailey – Makes our day even brighter.

IMG_4255Today was the first day of the LDS Church World Conference.  NOTE:  We have a world conference every six months.  This is two days – Saturday and Sunday – in which we get direction and guidance from the prophet and his  counselors and others who have been asked to speak.  This conference is shown all over the world.  Today it was announced that there will be more temples built, one being in Cedar City, Utah.  The church is growing by leaps and bounds.  It is very exciting. Today was also the first time a sister has said the prayer in a World Conference.  Sisters say prayers all the time in all of the other meetings (except for Priesthood Meetings), so this was an historic event.  I am so happy and humble to be a part of this work.  On the 9th of April it will be one year since we came out on our mission.  What a year.  I am so glad that I have kept a record of what has happened during this year of service.

Since we are not able to get conference on TV, as I put on the blog in October, this is how we watch conference.  Today we borrowed the speakers from the office so we could hear the conference speakers better.  It sure helped. 

IMG_4259