Monday, July 2, 2012

Being Tested

Yep, we are being tested.  Well, I should say I am being tested.  Elder Boehrer is enduring me and the circumstances.  For the third day we are without power in our apartment.  Don’t get me wrong, I so appreciate the kindness and generosity of the President and Sister Richards, but when you want your own space and your own quiet, it’s hard to have to be nice when you aren’t in the mood.  So, when we found out that our apartment STILL did not have electricity, I was upset and acting very ungrateful.  After talking it over with Elder Boehrer I started feeling better, as usual.  It lasted for about fifteen minutes, but they weren’t pretty! Sarcastic smile  I have no right to be upset.  60,000 are still without power in our area, and 14,000 are without power in the Gibbon’s area.  The Gibbons and us are back at the mission home with President and his wife.  We are going to play Phase 10 and probably eat peanut M&Ms – just breaks my heart.  Open-mouthed smile  So, before we got to the President’s home (which is beautiful, by the way) we found a great place to eat and just relax. It was nice.

Today at the mission office was very hectic and busy, but it was fun.  President Richards is going to be a great President and leader.  He is very open and greatly appreciates everyone’s help and ideas.  We got a lot of things accomplished.  I like the fact that President is not a ‘stick by the book’ type of leader.  He is open to new ideas and trying new things.  We had some lively interaction with the missionaries – which is always fun!  Elder Boehrer and I are so blessed to be here and be able to serve a mission and to see and feel the great blessings we and our family are receiving.

I am hoping that my post tomorrow will be full of interesting happenings.  Maybe, just maybe, we’ll be back in our own place.  Nice.