Saturday, July 7, 2012

Antietam

Today we went to Antietam to visit the Marvil family.  Some of the other Senior’s joined us.  This is the place of the Antietam Battle ground which we visited earlier.

 

Elder from Antiedam WardAll homemade foodElder Boehrer & Sister OlsonE. & S. Clausen & S. Lindsey

Sister Olsen was a little bugged cause I didn’t let her pose for the picture Nyah-Nyah

E. Olson and E. AdamsS. Olson doing dishesThe Marval's old fashioned kitchenMore of the kitchenSister Marval & friends

After the festivities, the Lindseys and Elder Boehrer and I went to the first George Washington Memorial erected in the country.

IMG_0130

All of us minus E. Boehrer (he waited down below)P1010082Climbing up the monument - yep, it was steepLooking down from the topIncredible view!P1010086Ah, kinda look like I'm done in - that would be rightElders Lindsay and OlsenThe road to the Washington MonumentP1010066Milestones on the road to the monumentP1010068P1010069P1010070P1010071P1010072P1010073Appalachian TrailAppalacian Trail'Puffing' up the hill.P1010077P1010078The first monument to the Memory of George WashingtonView from the bottom of the monument