Friday, May 10, 2013

The Service of Our Missionaries

Our Hard Working Group of Missionaries

(back row) Elders Hitchcock; Warner; Holden; Maxwell; Frehner; Gill; Gundersen

(front row) Sisters Logue; Tilley; Brown; Swisher; Schofield; Mortensen; Stewart; Washburn

Elder Santiago

IMG_5019

The four boxes of pizza were what we got to feed this wonderful group of missionaries.  The pizza’s were HUGE and there was only one piece left.

Today we had sixteen missionaries in the office to help us with supplies that were needed for the senior couples to pick up and putting together bike rakes.  Never complaining, just offering to help and then when finished, asking what else they can do.  Such a great group of young people.  They are a constant amazement to me.  I am so grateful to be a part of their lives.  I honestly don’t think there is a better way for young eighteen and nineteen year olds to be spending their time and talents.  A mission prepares them for life, including better study habits, service habits, and what I call ‘life habits’.  I can truly see how fulfilling a two year mission (18 months for Jenni), helped our children grow into the responsible adults they have become.

IMG_5004IMG_4997IMG_4998IMG_4999IMG_5002IMG_5017

Elder Frehner keeping Elder Boehrer’s chair warm.  .  .

IMG_5006IMG_5007

IMG_5008IMG_5009

IMG_5010IMG_5011

Elder Jones’ with his crutch (he had a knee operation)

IMG_5013IMG_5015IMG_5016