Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Senior Trip to Washington DC

 

P1020082

Yep, we went to Washington DC today.  I almost felt I had already been there because there were so many places that I had seen in movies and on TV Open-mouthed smile

“Our Group”

P1020109

First we had to go on the subway or transit.  It was just like in the movies.  I kept waiting for someone to try and jump on the track.

P1020060P1020062P1020063P1020064P1020068P1020069

Washington DC Capitol

P1020071

P1020073P1020074P1020075P1020076P1020077P1020078

We got Elder Boehrer a wheelchair because his hip was acting up.  He enjoyed the ride Winking smile

P1020079P1020080P1020083P1020084

We had to wear headphones in order to hear our guide.  There were about 10 other groups that went through when we did.  I took a picture of the plaque put up to recognize those who lost their lives in the field of Pennsylvania and possibly saved the Capitol from being destroyed.

P1020086         P1020085

P1020089P1020090P1020093P1020095P1020096

There was a statue of Brigham Young – nice.

P1020097

The Museum of History – you know, the one in “Night at the Museum”

P1020117  P1020119P1020123P1020124P1020127P1020128P1020129P1020131

The Hope Diamond

P1020135P1020136

Remember the miners from Chili who were rescued – this is the container they were rescued in.

P1020141

The Capitol and Sisters Carlson; Gibbons; Boehrer

P1020146P1020147

The Washington Monument and Sisters Gibbons; Mickelson; and Elder Mickelson

P1020150P1020152

Going Home in the Subway

P1020154P1020155P1020156P1020158

Farewell Dinner at the Richards for the Gibbons

P1020159P1020160

Sister and Elder McGinn, President Richards’ Counselor and Elder Wilson.  Elder Boehrer trying to hear . . .Who me?

P1020163P1020164P1020165P1020166P1020167P1020168

Elders Richardson and Gibbons and Josie (President’s daughter) and Sister Mickelson

P1020169P1020170P1020171P1020172P1020173P1020174P1020175P1020176P1020177P1020178P1020179P1020180P1020181P1020182P1020183P1020185P1020187P1020188P1020189P1020191P1020192  A Fun Day and Informative